Move Congress 2015 Advocate. Innovate. Fundraise.
The MOVE Congress 2015 will help inspire participants from all over the world imagine and create new ideas and new projects that help get more people more active.
Track 2, Workshop 5, 12.15 – 13.45 11.06.2015
Growing trends in physical activity: running across the world – why are recreational runners are part of one of the fastest growing markets and what can clubs do to recapture their interest?
Moderator: Rebecca Steele, DGI Running and the Danish Athletics Federation, Denmark
Running across Europe - The rise and size of one of the largest sport markets, Prof. Dr. Jeroen Scheerder, KU Leuven, Belgium
Running in Denmark – a case and vision, Mette Madsen, DGI Lab, Denmark
RUN 5.30, Dr.ssa Sabrina Severi, Ginger SSD, UISP, Italy
Come promesso vi faccio partecipare e....pubblico la traccia del discorso che terrò a Copenaghen, in tre parti....Buona lettura!
Here you can read my report for you...part 1.
What is success story behind the RUN 05.30?
5.30 is a unique communication project, easily adaptable, exportable everywhere and worldwide.
• it takes place at sunrise on a business day;
• it creates a true moment of shared awareness among the participants;
• at the end of the event, at around 6.45AM, people end up realising that they have had the time for physical activity, breakfast and sharing a special moment with friends
• after the event, the participants realise they still have another hour for themselves before heading to the office;
• due to the early hours, route authorisations are easy to obtain from the council;
• it shows how easy it is to make participants happy with very little
5.30 is what Sergio and I, are…not only what we know but also what we have become, what we have chosen, what we have understood
for example: I love studying, I’m a scientist passionate about wellness and all secrets for improving human health – I speak and write about this on 5.30 blog…
Even though fun runs are fashionable at the moment and everyone loves them, the 5.30 event isn’t one of these. They aren’t our style and organizing one just wouldn’t feel authentic.
5.30 love to share. 5.30 is a path for meetingpeople and gettingtogether . I’m referring to all the participants and also our partners.
In every city we create strong alliances based on esteem and respect and sometimes these alliances have become true friendships over time.
Charity: This year as usual we have donated 1 euro and more (almost double), for each participant fora total of 58.600 euro…a lot of money….collectedfrom smiling people that are living a special experience with friends and relatives during sunrise.